Monday, January 30, 2012

Supporting a Missionary

Wow, you send out one email saying that you are switching to part-time, but still fully committed to see the project through and people start dropping like flies. This month I got only half of the support that I need. Now I am desperately looking for a job to make ends me and wondering how I will complete my commitment if I have to start working full-time someplace else.
People are so faithless! It is like the last ten years of my life don't count for anything. The faithfulness. The sacrifice. The commitment. I never took a high salary, most years my gross income was less than $12,000. There were times when I didn't have enough money to buy groceries, but the Lord was faithful to make sure that I was able to eke it through the month. The Lord was always faithful. And obviously still is. I just wish people were more so.



Struggling with my attitude today. Could use a little uplifting in prayer and encouragement. I just feel deserted in my hour of need.
Sigh. Maybe I will elope after all. That would at least cut down on some of the cost for the next few months: both because I wouldn't be trying to pay for a facsimile of a wedding celebration and because Ken and I could consolidate our living expenses! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

2 comments:

  1. ::hugs:: if there is any way i can help, even if it's just going over ways to save money on wedding stuff, just let me know...i just finished reading this book from my library called "let's elope" and it has lots of good information on everything from small intimate weddings to destination weddings to true courthouse style elopements. and you know i'm always happy to share a cup of coffee and a listening ear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this Esther. We've been support raising for a number of years now and I can sympathize with how hard it is through the ups and downs. But God is always faithful and he will continue to be faithful to you through every step. The hardest times often work themselves out to be the greatest blessings. Praying for God's rich blessings as you look to him to provide for you. Love Terri

    ReplyDelete