Wednesday, February 1, 2012

And on we go..

Well, life moves on. Sorry for venting the other day. Sometimes it just needs to come out. I've always understood that this period of being engaged and getting married and what not all is supposed to be fun. The relationship part is. Some of the other parts not so much. I keep being told that our wedding day is supposed to be "our special day", but sometimes it feels that people and circumstances are doing their best to make it a very stressed out day. Eloping still looks good. At least the day would be good. Maybe stressful afterwards when my family found out. :D
Anyway. Moving on.
Missions Fest went really well. I didn't make a lot of contacts through the booth. I think it is an outmoded form of communication. But the workshop I talked at went really well. I think that all the troubles I had in traveling to get there and some of those hindrances were probably due to that workshop. The room held about 65 and was pretty well full up including a few people sitting on the floor. I didn't share so much about our ministry as stories from my dad's life and Vera's life. Just challenging people to think outside the box and step out in faith to do what God is challenging them to do. Not just stepping out to test Him, but following what He is calling them too.
I got a LOT of feedback. About 7-8 people came and talked to me afterward and then a few more stopped by the booth. So probably 10-15% feedback, which is pretty high, esp. for something little like that. So PTL! And please continue to pray for the people that were there as I am certain God is at work in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment