Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mission's Fest

I am off to Mission's Fest Vancouver this weekend. I leave tomorrow morning, God willing. There seems to have been a lot of "resistance" to my going to this conference for some reason. Spiritual resistance. I was in Klamath Falls visiting Ken two weeks ago for a few days and got stuck there by the weather and wasn't able to make it down until yesterday. I ended up coming back to Salem by train because of concern about my driving through the icy/snowy roads. The train ride was supposed to take 5.5 hours and took about 7.5. It was four hours late to start with, so instead of getting to Salem at 4pm I didn't  make it till after 11pm.
That has only left me today to finish my preparations and pull my booth display together and iron out all the other details and pack. My flight is at 10am Thursday morning. Since I had to leave my car family is dropping me off and then I'll figure someone out to pick me up too or take the shuttle.
This Mission's Fest is a bit different for me as I am also supposed to be taking a workshop. Please pray for that too as I know what I want to say but am still nervous about it. There will be up to 75 people there. Please pray for God to use that and to help me say what He wants and to know how to communicate and get my audience's attention and challenge them. Please pray that the booth will come together as well. And that I won't completely stress out. :)
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment