Tuesday, August 23, 2011

State Fair

Anya and I will be starting at the State Fair on Friday. That means that we are doing market on Wednesday, Fair on Friday, Market Saturday, Monday and Wednesday, then Fair Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Then back to the regular market schedule (Mon, Wed, Sat).
A normal market days is 5-6 hours at the market, plus set up and take down, so usually 9-10 hours by the time you pack up and unload, and for me an additional 3-4 hours of baking in the early morning. The State Fair runs for 12-13 hours each day. I'm exhausted just thinking about it! And still trying to work out the logistics. I think we will be two very tired people by the end of that!
Thankfully, our first day is this Friday, so we can see how that goes and then make better plans for the long weekend.
I would really appreciate your prayers for this all. It is an exciting opportunity and one I am looking forward to. My energy levels are better than they have been for a while, but I still tire easily and am a little concerned about the longer term effects of the long days. Please pray that we'll have the energy for it and that it will go well and be worth our time! Pray for Anya too as she will be the one who is actually doing most of the manning of the booth since I do the baking! She'll need a lot of energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment