Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Meh.

So, last Friday Anya and I did the State Fair.
It was not happy.
Actually, it was more like an abysmal failure. A complete loss.
I know. It's business and there will be losses and gains. Just disappointed that this venue is so bad. I did go and talk to some of the other vendors the next day and they said that weekends really pick up and that Labor Day weekend in particular should be better. However, even with that, I am still uncertain about how to prepare. For now I think I will prepare conservatively and hope for the best.
I'm also hoping to still do the Saturday market this week. It will make for a busy and tiring day for Anya and I, but it would certainly make things more worthwhile given how bad the fair was last week. The markets are really slow right now too. Hopefully they will pick up in September once the fairs and other summer events are done.
It is certainly an interesting first year of business. I have to say that I am learning a lot and don't regret trying this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment