Friday, April 22, 2011

To Market, To Market...!

Today is my last day to prep for tomorrow, which will be my first market day. I am curious to see how it will go. I have no idea how much stuff to take and I am still ironing out details like pricing. There are so many rules and regulations (like I have to bring my own water for hand-washing and take it away with me too), it is a bit daunting, but I am sure that after the first month I will have it more-or-less down pat. I've also conscripted Matt and Anya to help set up and stuff tomorrow, which I am sure will make things a bit easier.
I'm keeping my "menu" simple this time. Mostly croissants, a few danish, some tarts (including this chocolate one that I made this week that is utterly dangerous for me to make because I can't stop eating them!), and some bolussen (Dutch sticky buns). I'm prepping stuff today, but will bake it tomorrow morning, which means early to bed--early to rise.
Unfortunately, I am in the throes of a cold and woke up with a wee bit of a migraine this morning (well, I went to bed with it last night, but hoped that the drugs I took then would have scared it away, but 'parently not). But even though I don't feel that great I am excited to bake. As always! :P
Prayers would definitely be appreciated for that all.

When I got up this morning and read my devotional, I also realized that it is Good Friday today. And I am in a mood to be thoughtful about it. This Easter week is flying by and part of me does wish for the longer celebration that goes on in Ukraine, but I am appreciating the little reminders that God keeps dropping in my lap about Easter. I am not being caught off guard this year and I am glad. It is amazing to have such a solemnly joyous occasion to celebrate. It is an honour to understand the truth of Easter and be able to celebrate that. My heart goes out to my neighbors and the many other people who cross my path who just don't know. They are missing out on so much, in this life, but especially in the next. It makes my heart heavy for them. And it reminds me that this is why Christ came, so that we all could experience the beauty of a relationship and eternity with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment