Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Saturday Market

We had a great time at the Saturday Market! Pretty much sold out. I had five items left at the end of the day out of the 170 that I started with.
I have to say that I really feel that the success of the day was because of my wonderful sister-in-law, Anya, who came with me. What's the saying? She could sell ... to a ... Well, she could!
Matt and Anya came with me to set up, which I much appreciated! I got up at 4:30 and started stuff going immediately and basically didn't stop baking till we walked out the door at 7:45. Matt and Anya helped me pack up the car (Matt's car cause it wouldn't all fit in mine). Let me rephrase that: Matt and Anya packed up the car while I finished baking and changed. :|
We got to the market a few minutes before eight and got a spot and set up. Matt volunteered to come along for the first few times to help set up, which I really appreciate because while Anya and I could do it ourselves, and I probably can do it all by myself (I'm a big girl! I can do it myself! Down Ziva, down!), it is a lot simpler and less stressful to have help! He even ran to McDonald's and got me some food and coffee since I hadn't eaten yet. And came up with a solution to the leaking tub.
Anya, in the mean time, helped me set everything up and get all the pastries out there. Baking that morning really paid off, cause a lot of stuff was still warm and giving off that wonderful fresh baked smell, which Anya utilized to sell. I'm so not a people person, and she is, so I took money from people and refilled the trays and kept things neat and tidy and Anya sold stuff. She kept our booth so busy that we barely had time to sit down! Honest. Or eat breakfast or anything else for that matter. The market lasts from 9am until 3pm and people started hitting our booth just before 9am and neither of us had time to think until about 12:30. Even then, Anya managed to keep the booth pretty busy and some people who came back got disappointed because we were mostly sold out by the time they made it back. She had to leave at 1:30, but by then she had sold all but maybe 12-15 items. And it took me the rest of the market to sell those down so that there were only five left.
I'm definitely planning on making some more items for this weekend, but I've also decided that Anya is absolutely indispensable for running my booth! Now I just need to convince her of that!

I really appreciate the support and prayers I have had for this. I really don't feel like I can make this a success, but if God wants to, He can. And He seems to be, so I am just trying to hang on for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment