Friday, February 11, 2011

Vancouver

Ooops. So early next week turned into late next week. I'm a liar. A terrible one. It cuts me to the heart.
Okay, actually, it just makes me feel a little guilty somewhere on the inside, but ya, whatever. I'm here now and I am afraid that will have to do. My most humble apologies for the tardiness of this post (note that I did not say my tardiness--I refrain from taking responsibility and do acknowledge that this post is fully responsible for itself. I also think that I either had too much sleep last night or not enough.)

So, back to last week. Canada. Mission's Fest. It was good. I learned a lot. There are Mission's Fests all across Canada, but the one in Vancouver is the largest. There were about 250 booths ranging from colleges to camps to missions in China, India, Ukraine, Russia, Israel, Brazil, Kenya, and probably most the other countries in the world. (Some booths cheated and had ministries in more than one country.) I can't say that CBLT garnered tons of interest, but I'm not sure that was the most important thing.
During the whole event our Canadian mission director, Dr. Lucas was constantly popping in and out and introducing me to every other person who walked by (when he wasn't off have coffee or dinner with someone else who had popped out of the woodwork and demanded time with him). I got to meet a lot of interesting people!
But I think that the main thing was that I was there and next year I will be there and people will gradually get more accustomed to our name and learn more and more what we do. It is like building a brand. It takes time, but once people get used to you and see you there regularly, they begin to assume you are trustworthy and eventually begin buying your brand. Isn't that a lovely way to think of missions representation. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment