Friday, February 11, 2011

Car Troubles

So, my brakes have been slowly dieing for the last two months. Probably longer than that, but the death rattle was very audible the last two months.
I took the poor thing in yesterday and got a phone call in the middle of my doctor appointment (which I couldn't answer, but I knew). Sure enough, if they call you to check about doing the repairs it means it is going to be exorbitant. But hard to say, "No," when they tell you you are essentially driving a coffin.
When my sister-in-law went to pick it up (my brother, Matthew's, car broke this week too, so I had been lending him mine, but since it was in the shop, had to borrow Sam and Melissa's van for him), and the mechanic put my car into park and checked the emergency brake--which immediately snapped. So, there we were, Matthew and I were both borrowing Sam and Melissa's van at the same time. Three single car families, down to one car between them. We're a great group.

The mechanic tells me that my car should be good to go for a while now. I hope so. It had repairs in Ohio (also on the brakes, interestingly--note: my parents owned this car until I stole if from them this fall, need to work on what I steal), and here in November as well. And now I am sadly out of pocket, actually out of other people's pockets (I picked up a lot of things in Ukraine, not just the language, but I do have to pay them back).

I would definitely appreciate your prayers for our cars. And for our pockets. Can't hurt. Maybe the holes'll get fixed if you pray about it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment