Monday, February 21, 2011

Bakery Beginnings

I know that some of you are curious as to what has been happening with my bakery plans. Well, I did get licensed to have my own in-home bakery last December. Then I got sick and life happened.
But Melissa has gotten me two cake orders and Matthew is working on getting me an order for breakfast rolls. :) Yes, you can pray about that!
In the mean time, I have been perfecting recipes and drowning my friends and family with sweet things. I am getting set to do some more serious marketing, hopefully with Melissa's help. I would definitely appreciate prayer for that! Marketing is my weakest and most stressful area! I love what I do and the stuff I make, but feel awkward forcing it on other people. Which leads to marketing issues. I am working on my website (and have been for months, I admit), hopefully it will be ready for the public by the end of this week.
I also did some research and learned that if I want to get a store-front (which I do) I need a loan (which I knew). Getting a loan is more difficult. Particularly for a person with no collateral. So, I need to earn lots of money in between now and getting a loan. *grimace Anybody want to invest?! :D
Once I get the website ready to go, I'll give you the link and make a Facebook page and all those things. In the mean time, you can pray that God will send me some more business. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment