Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bakery!

So, I haven't completely dropped off the face of the earth. Just partly. Mostly? Somewhat.
Since I moved into my apartment a month ago in addition to settling in, I have been working on getting licensed to have a home bakery business.
I'm going to need some additional income while I am here in the States and a traditional job definitely doesn't qualify as I already have travel plans for January and February, in addition to the writing/editing that I need to do.
So, I am sorry for my absence here, but it has been for a good cause. I have been putting every spare minute into getting set up to go into business. There is a lot of initial set up work, which is time consuming, but I am excited about it. I'm working on a website, licensing, recipe testing and soon advertising (okay, I'm already doing promos :D).
I'm very curious to see where God is going to take this business. I definitely feel that this is what He wanted me to get into, but I still have lots of questions. I'm excited that I can keep my options open by doing this and excited about being able to use some of my fun talents to be able to provide some extra financial income while I continue with my other commitments.
I don't think that business will pick up too quickly (actually, I'm hoping it won't as I have lots of other work to do), but I wanted to get all licensed up before Christmas, so that I could begin to build a customer base, so that when I need the work it will be there. I think it is going to work out quite well and am excited about it!

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about putting up some pictures of my apartment, even have them on my camera. There is just this small issue of having to actually download and upload them that takes more time than I've got just at the moment (and yes, it is 2:41am, I just couldn't sleep for the excitement of having my very own bakery!--even if it is just in my home). Good night all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats to having your own bakery!!!! I'm so excited to see where this takes you. So you are staying for good then? Please do upload pics soon but I understand as it can take forever. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not sure I am staying for good, but for good for now. :) You know how it is with God, He likes to keep things interesting, so just taking this one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete