Monday, November 1, 2010

Proceedings

Sometimes I feel like I am in a tumble dryer, just waiting for God to press stop. It isn't necessarily bad, just topsy turvey. Life is all upside down right now...or not?
My seasons are messed up. I think this is the oddest fall I have ever experienced. Starting in Ohio and then going up to Canada where it was almost over and then coming down to Oregon where we just seem now to be squarely planted in the middle of the season.
Then there is the little fact of having lost the last two months out of my life. It was fun to travel, but being a creature of habit I am looking forward to having some down time where I can just get back into a routine. I miss routine.
And of course, I am still settling in here. No surprise that I am a tad overwhelmed, my life really has been turned upside down. Suddenly I am living in a new apartment that is almost completely furnished now and starting what seems to be a new life. I wonder if this is how people in the witness protection program feel. Only worse, since they can't contact their friends and family.
The thing is, that even though I feel all topsy turvey and upside down and somewhat overwhelmed, I am also totally at peace about it all. It is quite obvious that God is in control and I am pretty sure He knows what He is doing--even though I don't get it all. And that is a nice place to be. this whirlwind too will pass, but even in the middle of it I hear/feel the still, small voice that is Him. And I can rest in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment