Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ellie's Quilt



The long promised pictures are here!
When I finished Ellie's quilt this summer I was also in the middle of packing up my apartment and fighting with the internet company over whether I had the right to internet that I had already paid for or not.
But the quilt somehow still managed to come together. There is always more that I want to do to my quilts, but they all look fine just as they are too. I'm fairly pleased with the way this one turned out. The flow of the flowers and yet the distinct squares created an interesting feel. It was fun to use materials from Ellie's old clothes and even some swatches from dresses I had made for the girls years ago. There are even squares that match the quilt that was given to me a year and a half ago.
Ellie, for her part, was delighted to have her blanket. She was thrilled that it was small (it turned out several inches smaller than I had originally planned, hopefully she'll grow up to be petite) and was happy with the colors and patterns on it. Always nice when you give someone a gift and they actually like it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment