Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ohio...Pennsylvania...Ohio...Virginia...Ohio...

And soon...Minneapolis, Minnesota!
Further up and further in.

Maybe I should write a book: My Life in a Suitcase.
Maybe I shouldn't try to write on my blog before 8am.

But heck! there are too many maybe's in life to take advantage of them all. So, here I am. In all my glory. And having just learned how to decrease my chances for colon cancer from my nurse sister (she's studying for her master's so these important tidbits are fresh in her mind). And no, I'm not willing to share that with you. Not at this hour of the morning. Go have your coffee first. Obviously mine hasn't sunk in yet.

Okay, back to reality.
I am in Virginia right now. Visiting my oldest sister, Sarah, and her husband Bill for a few days. Then it is back to Ohio then to PA for a women's retreat (which I was just informed that I get to share/be interviewed briefly at), then Ohio and then the great trek out West begins. Sometime early next week I will begin my drive up to MN. I'm planning on taking a few days so that I can visit friends on the way.
After spending a week or ten days in various spots in MN, I'll drive up north into Canada. I'll probably head through Sask. into Alberta where I'll visit some more friends. And from there I'll begin the last leg of my journey down through WA and into Oregon. I'm looking forward to getting to Oregon. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of people along the way too, but the lure of not living out of a suitcase pulls strongly. Thankfully, I got a chance to bake yesterday and will get to again today, so that has helped relieve some of my baking withdrawals. But ya, living out of my car (which I recently described to someone as a big purse that you can live in--and it's true! It fits all the things that you always wanted to put into a purse but could never be bothered to carry--and the baby bassinet too.) is already getting old.

1 comment: