Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pray for my Dad!

Just wanted to pass this on. For those who don't know, dad is in the midst of biking 2700km (about 1700 miles) through Russia. He is on the final stretch and only has about 10 days to complete it before his visa runs out. Mum sent this prayer request out today after she talked with dad.

His travels have gone well and he has been feeling good about his progress etc. he is on the last stretch (so to speak) from Khabarovsk to Vladivostok which is about 500 miles. But he called and asked for special prayer for safety on this stretch as the roads are narrow, rough, and very busy with traffic. He was “hit” by a car, although with minimal damage, nor did the car stop. He has cuts and bruises, mildly, but his back wheel is bent, so he has to find a way to repair that in order to go on tomorrow. So…this is a matter for prayer over the coming week. Part of the concern with the cars is of course drinking too. He just needs God’s hand hovering over him making him clearly visible, and guiding cars around him. he cannot ride on the shoulder as that virtually does not exist, definitely not in a rideable form for sure.

Pray esp. that he is able to get his wheel fixed quickly as he can't go further until it is and he is on a short timeline right now where he needs to be out of the country on Sept. 2.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You must be really into posting. My name is Frank from a school in the outward suburbs of Chicago. I'm doing posts for a class SOCIOLOGY. I'd really like some insight from some people out of the area to get a better experience on my blog. It's certainly a project. So can you (and tell all your friends to) follow me so I can get a lot of feedback from my comments. Thank you for looking into this I appreciate it so much. Follow me and I'll Follow you. Good luck to your dad!

    ReplyDelete