Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Spin Cycle

The last two weeks have left me reeling. I feel like I've been in the spin cycle. I'm not sure what hit me.
Yet, while reeling I may be, it is not all bad. Sometimes God just swoops into our narrow little world and whoooshes through and we're left in the middle spinning around in circles like some cartoon character (although, in reality, He doesn't actually leave us, of course).
Less than a week ago I finalized my plans for going to the States and bought my ticket to be there for a month. I had been thinking about it for a while, but was still praying about the dates, and it all got settled rather quickly, so that I am traveling in less than a month--a couple of weeks actually! That alone is enough to leave my head in a whirl with trying to make all the arrangements for a place to stay, car and someone to pick me up at the airport (figured out the first two, still working on the third--any volunteers? Melissa? :D ). Of course, it also means that I need to prepare work for the office to do while I am gone. I'd hate for everyone to fall apart while I'm away. :)
Mum and Dad also arrived last Wednesday; they are always a whirlwind in my life. Okay, to be fair, Dad is a whirlwind, Mum does her level best to pass out some sanity as they pass through. Dad is in a conference today. That means tons of prep work for the office earlier this week. And he is heading out to Russia, Lord willing, later this month, which means we have lots of prep work for that too. Just catching up to my parents about takes it out of me! There is something backwards about that, I'm sure of it--unfortunately, my head is still spinning...
Either of the above things would upset the normal rhythm of my life in good ways, not bad. I'm getting excited about going to the States, although it is still surreal. And I am SO thankful to have my parents back "home", however briefly. It does take a lot of weight off of me to not have to deal with leading devotions everyday, or answering financial questions (which I can't really answer anyway, but sometimes just have to), or even just being able to talk over some of the decisions and planning that need to be done for the next year. Good things.

Today, as I was thinking over the last couple of weeks and all that has gone on (and those two listed above are only two of the things, there's lots of other things hitting me in different areas of my life), I was thinking how easy it is to see the mayhem, but not see the Master. He is still the Master. He is still in charge. I'm not. I don't like life to be out of control. It is hard for me not to step in and just "take over" at times. It makes me stressed. And then, one day, I look up and remember who is in charge and that I don't need to worry about it all because, well, because God has managed my life pretty good so far. I don't know how all the details are going to work out. And I'm ok with that...as long as I keep my eyes on Him. The minute I move them...
There are a lot of changes in my life right now, some of them are hard, some of them are good, some make me sad, others make me smile. But He is God of all those things. The challenges are opportunities to trust Him and develop faith and reliance on Him. The blessings are opportunities to praise Him for His great, all-encompassing care for me. Me. It is incredible that the God of Revelation who is worthy of all glory and honor and power and praise has His arms protectively around me.
He is amazing. And I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment