Saturday, October 17, 2009

Miracles DO Happen!!!

Our heat was turned on yesterday!!!
Being a Doubting Thomas, I didn't want to post about it yesterday because I didn't believe that it would stay on (actually, I barely believed that it was on at all). But it is on! AND they turned the hot water back on (they turned it off in the beginning of October).
The reason this is a shock to me is that the last two years they haven't turned the heat on until the end of October, usually between the 29th and 31st (as visible on my blog from those times). I totally mentally adjusted this year, so I wasn't even hoping for the heat to be turned on earlier--it helps that September was so warm this year, we only started using the space heaters a couple of weeks ago. We also got a boiler for our bathroom this summer, thanks to Greg's efforts (he suggested it and went and found it and sent the guys to put it up--you know, Julie and I just paid for it) :), which has made the cold so much more bearable this year. It's been a blessing not to have to heat water for showers and just to have hot water to wash our hands in (and sometimes I just sneak in there and run warm water over my hands when I get cold).
The heat isn't on full yet, we're still using the space heaters a little, but the overall effect is still very much felt throughout the apartment. I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment