Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Studying :D

Just a couple of prayer requests really and one or two praises.
Praises first off: I am learning a lot. A lot of things are just falling into place and my teacher feels that even in just these few days my grammar has improved. I know that I certainly am grasping the concepts of the grammatical structure, but I am not as certain as he is of my improvement in spoken Russian. :)
For me it has been a crash course, not just on grammar, but also on writing and reading in Russian. I have always been able to read in Russian, but it is one thing to read signs and notes and what not and another to read books. And writing, I just generally avoided. Plus here, all the writing is done in cursive which I have always found difficult. However, last week I turned in an essay in Russian. I have another due this week (actually tomorrow, but that is so not going to happen). Phonetically, I speak better Russian than any other person in the class, but grammar-wise I am at the very bottom (albeit quickly catching up). It is a challenge, which I love. I'm realy enjoying it. I enjoy both being in class and doing my homework, just wish I had more time to get all my homework in.
I do need prayer though, physically I am struggling. I had at least four migraines last week and so far none this week (PTL), but this week (and last week) my back is really bothering me. It is difficult to sit in class all day and then come home and sit and do homework. I do exercises and I lay down some, but of course my studying suffers when I lay down. I'm also having an upsurge in carpal tunnel pain in my right hand (thankfully, I am left-handed), but it is very painful and distracting. I'm also having just general aches and pains from weather changes and things like that (fun stuff, makes me sound like I'm 100 instead of 30). Anyway, I would just really appreciate your prayers for my physical strength and well-being.
Also for my visa situation, I'm supposed to be going on vacation/renewing my visa in Turkey in about 10-14 days, but nothing has been booked yet because of general busyness and needing to transfer money and stuff like that. Please pray that I will be at peace about it and not let that add to my stress load. And that it will all come together well and I'll be able to renew my visa there without extra hang-ups.
I'm feeling a little discouraged tonight about the pain. I think I am just tired generally and pushing myself really hard (surprise : ). But I am also definitely having more pain than I was anticipating which is frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment