Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Grace for the Humble

I was reading in James this morning and came across the verse that says that God gives grace to the humble. I was thinking about yesterday's post and about how the pain/illness that I have does keep me humble. It keeps me reliant on God.
I am such an independant person that even with this I am always trying to do everything on my own. It is humbling to me to share about my pain/illness and ask for prayer. But I know perfectly well that I am reliant on you as well. I know the power of prayer and that it will make a difference.
I guess it was God's way of reminding me that I need, not healing, but grace and strength for today. Because without this I would be less effective for Him (although perhaps more effective for myself or in the world's eyes, but I am friends with God, not the world).
And this is a praise too, because I feel less discouraged by the pain now as I know that He will carry me through and it is an opportunity for Him to receive glory and honor and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment