Monday, July 13, 2009

I hate visas!

So, I remembered at some point a few weeks ago that my visa would expire in the middle of August. Actually, in the middle of my vacation in Crimea. Aargh. I began checking around to see if I could get it extended in country instead of having to leave to get a new visa. The answer? "All your documents are in order, but we just can't do that right now." :| *pulls hair out
I only got that answer at the end of last week, after having waited over a month to hear. Naturally, I had assumed that "no news is good news". I'm particularly bummed about this because my visa expires August 20 and I was supposed to leave for vacation August 17. Now it looks like I'll be heading to Poland instead of Crimea. Poland, in my memory is a very gray depressing place (that part probably has something to do with having visited Auschwitz previously), as opposed to the sunny happiness of Crimea. But, my friend, Saron, with whom I am going on vacation is looking into finding some options for us to vacation in Poland and I do trust God that this too is under His control and that this is for the best. I was looking forward to vacation in Crimea because I haven't been there for years and years, but God is giving me peace that this too is under His control and that if I am just willing to trust Him, I'll find that He does really have His act together.

In any case, I supposed I shouldn't complain too loudly: at least I haven't been threatened with deportation. Please keep praying for the Billings. Paul is hoping to get a new visa this week or else he has to wait until September when he may be able to get a new visa.

In other much less important news, I am working on getting things together to go to Kyiv for my Russian language course at the end of this month (the reason I can't go out of country and renew my visa before vacation). I'm still trying to finalize a place to stay, as I would really prefer to not live on the street for those three weeks. Trusting that God will provide something above and beyond what I can imagine there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment