Friday, July 10, 2009

One weekend to go! *slight panic visible around edges and everywhere inbetween

I'm working on finalizing the details for my parents' 40th anniversary celebration. So far, I've managed to rent an arch, order the bouquet, buy paper/plasticware, make the cake and the rest of the desserts, buy most of the drinks and prep the punch base, buy and prep the meat for the salads. And I don't remember what all else.
Next up, buy the remaining ingredients. Oh ya, and finish fixing mum's dress. The ingredients that I still need to buy are the fresh ones for the most part, hard to buy in advance too much.
Now, I'm trying to recruit some helpers to actually put the salads and sandwiches together. I still haven't decided if the sandwiches should be made up on Saturday or to wait till Sunday. I'm thinking Saturday. Not because I want to. I would prefer to wait until the last minute so the bread was the freshest it could be, but practicalities intervene. Hopefully, the sandwiches will hold up for 24 hours. It's just that on Saturday we need to decorate mum and dad's place, I need to decorate the cake, make a salad, prepare some appetizers, and make 300ish sandwiches (pretty ones). So it'll be a bit of a busy day.
I'm only slightly panicked. Hopefully that will pass. :P

2 comments:

  1. Wish I were there to help :( that pesky ocean being in the way is such a bother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, you should talk to the Lord about that. Maybe He'll call you back here. :D

    ReplyDelete