Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Drowning in Russian

I'm in the middle of my first week of an intensive Russian course and drowning in it! I do love the challenge, but I would appreciate your prayers too. I've learned all of my Russian very unconventionally, so now I have to go back and relearn a lot of things the "right" way so that I can gain the benefit of this class. It means a lot of extra review for me and extra homework. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and swamped, but hoping that by the end of this week I'll be doing a bit better.
I'm in the "special needs" group right now. I have great vocabulary, but my grammar is terrible. Classes start at 8:30, so I leave the place I am staying at 7:30 to catch the bus, then the metro to class. We study until about 1 with a few breaks in between and then I attend the tutoring for about an hour or so after that yet. It makes for a long day, esp. since we don't have time to go out and get lunch inbetween. A long, hungry day--which can help with mental clarity.
I am struggling both with my allergies and migraines as well as back pain (from sitting so long), so I would very much appreciate your prayers for that. Pray that people remember to not wear perfume and colonge or after shave as that would really help me out!
Hopefully I'll be able to update on the weekend again.

No comments:

Post a Comment