Thursday, July 23, 2009

Russian Studies

Mum and Dad left last night on the train for Kyiv, then on to America.
Now I'm recuperating from all the celebrations and the aftermath, plus getting everything together for mum and dad to leave. And of course, moving forward with my own life. I'm off to Kyiv this weekend, on Sunday, to start a Russian course for three weeks.
In between now and then I need to get my newsletter out. Make sure things are set to go for the office as they'll be closing next week and I need to make sure everything is in order. Pack. Pay the bills for the next couple of months. Figure out where I am going on vacation so that I can organize for my visa invitation. And a few other details, like pick up the dry cleaning that mum forgot. :)
I am really looking forward to this session in Kyiv. I think it will be a good break for me. Not a vacation, but a vacation from my life as it will be a completely different routine. And hopefully I'll be able to catch up on some rest during that time as well.

Thank you so much for your prayers and participation in this past weekend. I think it is a memory that my parents will cherish for many years. I feel so blessed to have been able to make that possible for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment