Friday, June 12, 2009

Catching up!

It's been quite the week. As seems to happen frequently. *rolls eyes
Started off coming back from my sister's and thankfully having all Monday off to just get some R&R. Managed to be sick with migraines Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday--mild ones for the most part, but still enough to interfere with my normal life. Thankfully, yesterday afternoon after much medication my headache/migraine seemed to clear up and I got energy to go with it! This whole week I've been feeling like someone stuck a needle in me and took out my energy, and last night it came back. I was very happy. Hopefully it will last. Today is a bit headachy again, I've been having a lot of pain in my shoulder/neck which ends up in migraines if I don't treat it immediately. But I've run out of the balm that is most effective--hopefully more is on it's way! In the mean time I'm doing the best I can with some other stuff.
Last night we painted Julie's room. I'll have to put up a picture. It is very blue. :) Thankfully, a happy blue, not a dreary or cold one. But also quite saturated. :D A picture is worth a thousand words...
That has prepped the way for her to move in this weekend. Hopefully, she'll be able to pick up a bed today and we can move the rest of her furniture and sundry belongings tomorrow, so that by Sunday she can feel more or less at home.

Oh, I did discover that one of the things that was draining my energy was a mosquito plug-in repellant/killer. The only drawback in my apartment is the mosquitoes. So far, I've only found one plug-in repellant thing that I can tolerate, the others all make me sick--this last one quite badly. Lately I've been having nausea as an allergic reaction (along with tiredness and headaches); I've had it to several different things, but I'm not sure what the chemical is that is causing it. Anyway, I was grateful to figure out that part of my mystery at least.

Needless to say, I do really appreciate your prayers and I do need them. I do the best I can, but sometimes these things are just so inexplicable and I get very discouraged trying to sort out what I am doing wrong--and sometimes it isn't me, or it isn't something I can change (like the weather, I get migraines from weather changes, particularly towards rain, and I get sinus headaches from the molds that thrive immediately after rain). It does make me feel a little crazy at times--like I'm just a hypochondriac. Thankfully, I do have people around me who tell me that I am not totally insane.
A side-effect from my allergies and general pain is that I do struggle with anxiety at times. It isn't fun. This week and last week were particularly bad for that. I'd appreciate your prayers for that too, that I would continue to rely on and trust in God, but not be down on myself for having anxiety when sometimes it isn't really a spiritual issue. Thankfully, I am doing better the last couple of days, for which I am exceedingly grateful and praising the Lord for! It makes me look forward to the next couple of weeks as I prepare for my brother's visit and my parents' anniversary celebration.

2 comments:

  1. Find lemongrass (if you can find it there) Put it on a cutting board and using the blunt side of the knife beat it up a bit and put it in the area's you think the skeeto's are getting in. They do not like lemongrass at all, but it shouldn't bother you at all! I don't think I can get away with mailing it to you or I'd try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno if I can find it here. And not sure where they are getting in. I mean, when we have the windows closed. They come in from magic places.

    ReplyDelete