Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring and Easter!

It is hard to believe that it is Easter already. I guess for you all in the West Easter is this weekend, but for us here it is next weekend (since we're on the Orthodox calendar). The last few days God has brought to mind the fact that Easter will be here shortly. I am so grateful as the last two years Easter has come and gone before I was even really aware that it was coming! I really didn't want to "miss" it this year.
Spring is coming upon us. It seems like with the first of April spring arrived. These last few days have brought flowers into bloom and new bits of grass or other greenery peeping up. the trees are budding and some are showing leaves today. All of these signs of new life remind me so much of God and Easter. I feel like God has timed spring perfectly this year to march in as Easter arrives. The new life after the winter reminds me of the new life that Jesus brought through His life, death and resurrection. It reminds me particularly of the resurrection. It's so glorious! And of course it reminds me of creation and how amazing it is that God somehow has made this to happen every year. Creation just amazes me. God is eternally creative and He has shared that gift with us.
I am left with joy in my heart and praise on my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment