Thursday, April 16, 2009

Good Friday and Easter

Today is Good Friday. Well, at least that's the way they count it here. I don't really care when the day falls, but I do appreciate having the reminder of it. I've been enjoying the last week or so just having time to think a little about Easter and prepare my heart for it. It is a beautiful time to remember. I would like to go to the Good Friday service tonight. It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity for that.
The last couple of years I have spent Easter at my sister's place in Kyivski Oblast (Rhizhishiv--say that five times fast). I've really enjoyed that as they have a sunrise service, and I was planning on joining them again this year, but since mum is here and I have other friends staying with me for the time being I decided to stay in Rivne this year. And that has turned out to be a really good decision as it means I have actually had time to mentally prepare myself a little more for Easter and just to take some time to meditate on it all. Still not as much as I would like, but...
I have no great plans for this weekend, but I am happy to keep it low key and just spend a little time with my mum and just hae the time to think. We'll have a little Easter dinner with a couple of friends and watch an Easter video. It will be a weekend for some quiet reflection, and I am glad for that.

He is Risen!

3 comments:

  1. whoa. actually 3 vowels in it?

    time to reflect is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!?!?!?! You didn't go to Rhiz? How am I supposed to get to see Easter photo's of the kids!??! Ha ha ha ... you need to harass Pris into posting more photo's and blog more! ... humm.. guess I should update my blog before you do that ;)
    Happy Easter
    isus voc kres :)
    (or something to that effect)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vo istina voskres!

    And no, actually I just put the vowels in to make it easier for people to read (or pretend to read). It should go: Rzhshchiv. I believe.

    ReplyDelete