Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Praises

I got my money from the ATM back! It just showed up one day in my account. Still can hardly believe it. Apparently they did get my claim...

Easter was a beautiful weekend. I tried to go to the Good Friday service and arrived to find no one there. Apparently I hadn't paid attention to the announcement on the previous Sunday, they have Thursday services here! So, mum and I wandered around town a little and then headed home. Saturday I spent relaxing, was really too exhausted to do anything, but that was perfect because Sunday was such a full day.
Easter Sunday started with a sunrise mini-service with a few friends of mine. We drove out to a hill just outside of Rivne and watched the sun come up after reading the resurrection story and singing a few hymns. It was beautiful.
We returned to town and had a lovely breakfast of orange rolls together, then I set off to my place (across the street--literally) to get myself ready for church. Mum and I had planned on going out for breakfast, but just didn't think about the fact that everything is closed here on major holidays. So instead, we wandered around for an hour trying to find someplace, anyplace! that was open, but just ended up at church and got a coffee from the vending machine there. But it was still beautiful. The streets were so quiet and while it was chilly, the sun was out and the blossoms are out on the trees and it was really beautiful to be able to just take the time to enjoy that.
The Easter service was good. They had several special numbers and a children's choir. It was amazing to see some of the little 4-5 year olds get up there and sing and quote their pieces without batting an eye! Lika and Carmen joined us for the service which I was glad for as they haven't been for several weeks. Lika was actually working, so she couldn't stay long, but I think she enjoyed what she did stay for.

The rest of the day was spent mostly at mum's with her and Cheryl and Saron. Cheryl is doing a bit better, PTL! but do please keep praying for her. It was a fun and relaxing evening with friends and the opportunity to just focus on the work of Easter again.

He is Risen!


PS. Pictures are courtesy of my friend, Oxana. ;)

2 comments:

  1. not entirely unpoetic yourself there...

    courtesy has an 'o' in it, miss editor!

    and you usually mention actual people, which indicates that contrary to what one might think, you seem to care about them. must be those pastoral gifts...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! And I try so hard to not let that caring side creep in... :P

    ReplyDelete