Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ankle Woes

After all my exertions last week my ankle was killing me. Well, actually, it started when I wore my winter boots, which have heels; I had been avoiding wearing them for the most part, but last week it was too icy not to (they have better grip than my fall boots).
I had been concerned about my ankle already because it's been over two months and I was still having pain and the swelling wasn't completely reduced. So, I called a friend and asked what I should do, she suggested an x-ray in case a bone or something was out of place. I decided to jump on that (since I hate going to doctors) and went to my chiropractor/physio-therapist/doctor at the city hospital--he's the only medical person I know here in Rivne. Thankfully, he has training in many things and he checked my ankle out and said that the ligament is torn and that it needs more stability to heal. My instructions are to wrap my ankle up every day for the next three weeks and be careful with it and as added incentive to do this, he thinks that if it isn't healed by then that I need to have minor surgery to repair it. :(
I think that it will heal up by itself, since it did seem to have improved, but I am losing patience with hobbling around. I've been throwing temper tantrums at myself all day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment