Friday, February 13, 2009

Loopiness

Very loopy today. Apparently I didn't sleep enough last night. Or it's just the end of another crazy week! :)
Told everyone today at the office that someone was getting married at ZhEK (government utility company) instead of ZAKS (where all the legal ceremonies are performed).
Found another odd name: Pirana: Men's Salon. Personally, even if I was man, I wouldn't want to go there!
Went out for lunch with a friend, managed to miscommunicate where we were meeting so it took us 20 mins to find each other; then decided to go to the closest restaraunt, where I've been before and it was fine. Our waitress was even more spacey than me. We ordered and she brought the wrong items and then when she brought the right stuff she only brought some of it, then gave us our bill. But when we told her she had forgotten half our order she didn't even apologize! *rolls eyes We didn't tip. Not that she'll notice since tipping is still not very common here. Just completely wacko, never had anything like that happen before there. :P

I also was thinking about my health and energy levels today and have much to praise God about that. My ankle is much improved. It still swells and I still get pain sometimes, but I am able to walk everywhere on it now. Such a blessing and so wonderful to be able to get out and get some exercise! Which brings me to the second point, I actually have the energy to want to walk places. A year ago, just thinking of walking from my place to the office was exhausting, now I often walk or get off a stop early so I can walk part way. I am still often tired and wear out easily, but sooo much improved! It really is a huge blessing. I'm so thankful for all the things that I can accomplish now outside of just work and resting. I also have many friends, which is another answer to prayer. This fall I've met even more friends and I am just so thankful to have somewhat of a social circle here.

Oh, and things are going well with Lika. She is moving forward with her apartment. Please pray that all the people she needs to help her will be able to come this week and finish all the work she needs done so that she can move back in by the 20th. She'd just be so excited about that. And God keeps supplying money for her to do the work that needs done; pray that this would bring her closer to Him so that the good seed which has been sown will grow up and not be choked out by weeds which are the cares of this world and the material attractions of it. It's stupendous how much has been accomplished in such a short time in that apartment!

1 comment:

  1. ProBiotics baby! hopefully that's what's made you feel better and will continue to do so! I need to get Vienna stared on those since she's been on all those anti-biotics.
    Matty's watching the girls today for us while we go to a movie!! :) Pray for his sanity! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete