Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Old New Year!

Well, today is the last day of the Christmas celebrations here in Ukraine. Well, okay, they aren't really Christmas celebrations, they are New Year's celebrations, but to my mind...
I was woefully unprepared for the carolers last night, you are supposed to give them money or candy, I forgot about it seing as I wasn't around for Christmas here and I actually thought yesterday was the 12th, not the 13th because of getting a late start to my work week.

Despite the fact that the New Year's/Christmas celebrations end today there is no need to despair, the 19th is Water Baptism day, which I think is supposed to be when Jesus was baptized by John, but I can never quite remember. (You can see it is a holiday that I hold sacred!)

No comments:

Post a Comment