Monday, January 12, 2009

Sprained Ankles and Heating Problems

Well, I am officialy back from my holidays at my sister's. It was a great time, very relaxing. It was great to be with family and friends in Rzhishiv. Every day was busy with baby sitting for someone, having a church activity, visitors or family celebrations. But it was easy because everyone came to us, so I didn't have to traipse around outside very much, which was a blessing since I sprained my ankle quite badly just before New Year's. I was so thankful I was at my sister's where I was able to put my foot up and send one of the four children to fetch and carry for me whenever I needed something. The full blessing of that is hitting me now that I am back at home where I don't have anyone to fetch and carry for me! I'm stuck taking taxi's to and from work and depending on friends to get groceries and other necessities for me. Thankfully, Lika is still living with me, and I know that I can depend on her to feed me most days, although I feel bad for having to rely on my guests for help. Humbling. :)
Lika's apartment is coming along nicely from the sounds of things. I, of course, can not go to see it right now, but it sounds like one of the rooms is fairly far along and the hallway and one of the other rooms are well in progress.

As you may have heard in the news, there is a big gas problem in Ukraine. Due to delinquency in paying their bill to Russia, Ukraine's gas has been cut off. While Ukraine does have some reserves, no one seems to know exactly how long those will last (at least, if they do, they aren't telling!). Here in Rivne it does not seem to have made too much of an impact: heating and stoves work as normal, but in Kyiv the heat in the apartments has been turned down so that the pipes are just warm so that they won't freeze. In Rzhishiv they switched to a reserve of gas already and it is apparently poor quality or old or something because it is not nearly as effective as the other gas. Pris and Dan's house and those of their friends and neighbors, as well, is much colder despite the furnace being kept at a normal level. Apparently, there is also a bad smell from this gas.
Please do pray for that situation.
Additionally, pray for me and Priscilla as we both came down with earaches this weekend. Her's is much worse and is actually an infection, whereas mine (thankfully) is just a nasty earache. I guess we partied too much together!
Pray for me as I get the office going this week as well. We have a new translator that I need to get started and Kostia, my right hand, has received a visa to go to Canada to speak at several large mission's events so he will be gone for a month or so with that and there is preparation for him to do for that as well. I am at a loss to know how to keep my office in work as the English work keeps getting delayed. At this rate it will be months before I have any really solid work prepared for the office. I have a few small projects that I can keep them on in the mean time, but not sure if I have enough to keep everyone going. Please pray for that, that God will just work in His perfect way and that I won't "worry about tomorrow", but rather plan wisely and leave the rest up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment