Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays

I am at my sister's now enjoying some holiday rest with my nephew and nieces and friends here. It is really beautiful to be here and just be away from my responsibilities. The change of scenery is really beautiful here. There is a little snow every day and it just feels so wintery. It has reminded me of how much heat I have in my apartment as the Gollan's are not able to heat their house quite as much as my apartment is heated. It is cool here, but still quite pleasant. The Gollan's have a beautiful tree. It is the hugest tree I've ever seen. Not the typical American cone tree shape, more like a round ball, but really lovely. The kids have decorated the house with snowflakes and other Christmas deocrations and it is beautiful.
I'll certainly enjoy the next couple of weeks of rest and relaxation as we celebrate New Year's and then Ukrainian Christmas here (or as the children call it "Big Christmas", the Gollan's celebrated "little Christmas" on the 25th).

No comments:

Post a Comment