Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Christmas!

Tomorrow is Ukrainian Christmas. Today we are having a big supper for the church in Rzhishiv (where my sister and brother-in-law live) and a little Christmas program. It is also one of the coldest days of the year so we are working to keep the house warm (the church meets on the third floor in the ministry center).
Unfortunately I am not able to help so much with these preparations. Before I came here I was a little concerned that I would wear myself out being busy with the kids and trying to fit as much into every day as I could. God, in His great irony, took care of that. Shortly after I arrived I started a cold and the next day we went out sledding down this beautiful hill--and on my first run I sprained my ankle badly so I have been spending a lot of time on the couch with my feet up! Despite that it was still a great day and I had a ton of fun sledding with the family.
We also celebrated Ellie's birthday on Monday. Poor little girl had an abcessed tooth so she celebrated with a visit to the dentist, but we did manage to have a little party for her in the morning as well.

1 comment:

  1. humm.. if you are spending so much time on the couch why aren't you contacting me!?!?!?
    Missing you

    ReplyDelete