Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Party


L to R: back row--Lena, Larissa, Julia (who works in my office), Tonia, Ira (who also works in my office); front row--Me, Daryna, Lena (who works in my office and is Daryna's mum) and Tanya

I meant to post these pictures earlier this week, but lost my camera cord so couldn't do that. I had a little Christmas party last Saturday at my apartment. I made some American style treats (like pretzel bark and peanut brittle) and we watched "Christmas with the Kranks" in English. The idea had originally started because one of the girls asked to borrow a movie in English only to discover that she couldn't play it on her computer here do to the different format. So, this way they all got to come and watch it.

This picture is the same as the one above, except that Alla (Julia's sister) is sitting in the spot I occupied.

It was a great evening and the girls really enjoyed the treats and time together. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get a picture of Lika or Luba (the ladies who are living with me), but I will try to do so in the future.
Tonight I am off to my sister's for two weeks of much needed rest. I'm looking forward to spending time with the family and not having the stresses of work around. I probably won't post much during that time, esp. since we'll be celebrating New Year's and then Ukrainian Christmas (or just Christmas for me).

Happy CHRISTmas and I hope that the true Joy of the season will remain in your hearts throughout the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment