Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Updates

I had so much to write about a few minutes ago. Now my mind is blank. I think that sums up the last few days for me.
I arrived back in Ukraine and stayed with my sister's family for a few days, which is always busy and stimulating. Then I came back to Rivne a few days before work began so I would have time to unpack and sort myself out here, but immediately came down with a nasty sinus cold. Probably caught it on the flight over. So I spent Friday and Saturday laying on the couch, which bummed me out since I had so wanted to be productive during those few free days!
I did manage to unpack while I was sick, but barely in time for work to begin on Monday. I decided that I want to take advantage of my improved health and energy levels by getting up early enough in the morning to do some exercises before I go off to work. So far I have the getting up early part down, the exercises may take me a little more time. My apartment is cold all the time now, even though it is still warm outside, so if often takes me a little while to warm up in the morning. I'm trying to figure out a routine to make it all work. Hopefully that will come together by early next week.
I feel like a tornado struck the office. I moved into a new room, so that I can be by myself and run my air purifier and fun stuff like that. I think it'll be good for me personally, but it does leave me feeling a little cut off from the rest of the office so I'll have to work out how I am going to deal with that and make sure things don't get out of hand without anyone there to monitor them. But I'm sure it will all work out. Dad is in between trips as well, so he is here, which has its plusses and minuses. It means more busyness and insanity, but it also means that he is taking care of some of things that need to be taken care of around the office (like fixing the steps and the doors and boosting morale). Overall I would say the plusses outweigh the minuses on that.

In other breaking news, it looks like I'll be staying in my apartment after all. Mum and dad decided that they would still feel more comfortable keeping their house for themselves for another year or so until they figure out exactly what their needs are going to be in a year or two and if they can renew the lease on it again in the fall. So, while I still find the rent at my place a trifle high, if I can lock them in for a year or so I'm okay with that, esp. when I weigh it against the hassle of having to find a new place and the expense of moving. Plus I do like my apartment a lot. But I still have to talk to the landlords again on the 17th of this month, so please do pray that they will be favorable and will give me a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment