Friday, September 5, 2008

Blink of an eye!

Wow. I think this week went by way to fast. I feel like it should only be Tuesday or Wednesday even though I am glad it is Friday.
Below is the quilt I made for Sam and Melissa. I'm pretty happy with the overall effect. At least on the front. :P It was great to try something new and I'm already planning for my next quilt. I definitely learned some things from doing this quilt and discovered some things that I need to learn (like how to lay out the layers of a quilt properly so that the back doesn't get all bunched up when you sew it--unfortunately I think that I have to do more pinning to help with that, but...). It was an interesting foray into applique and free-motion quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone we've showed it to (and we've showed it to MANY) have ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!! (as do we! well, except Vienna, I won't let her up on the bed when it's on!! ha ha ha) You've not been on line much this week... hope all's well.
    **smooches**

    ReplyDelete