Monday, March 3, 2008

Keep Praying

Hi everyone,
I have not died, nor have I dropped completely off the face of the earth. Only almost completely. :) In case you couldn't tell from my long absence on here, I am still sick. That's the bad news. The good news is that I am doing better than I was a couple of weeks ago. So keep praying!
I run out of energy fairly quickly, but am mentally alert which is a good sign. However, I notice today when I came into the office that it was like a thick fog descended on my brain. This could be from any number of causes, but I would say it is primarily a spiritual attack. I'm also getting a headache as I sit here and I have had very few headaches while I've been home sick (maybe two, which in a two week time period is almost miraculous for me). I've struggled with this kind of mental fatigue in relation to my work for several years, but it only ever comes up when I am doing spiritual work and specifically in relation to my work on the New Testament Survey course. That's when it started. It is very discouraging as it makes it difficult to concentrate and get anything done.
Please continue to pray, both for healing and that I would not fall into discouragement or depression because of being sick and not being able to do the work that I am here for. The enemy uses every weapon he can to bring discouragement and insecurity into my life and it is a constant battle.
I plan to be in the office three days for a couple of hours each day this week and then increase that next week and see how my body handles it. I'm excited to be partaking in life again!
Oh and another praise, thanks to some special gifts from friends and family and a little saving on my part I was finally able to purchase a new washing machine (the one I had bought used was never able to be repaired because we can't get the parts). It has been delivered and will be installed tomorrow, Lord willing! It will certainly make my life easier not to have to cart my laundry to my parents' place every week. :) But thanks all the same, mum and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment