Friday, January 11, 2008

PRAISES

We had a wonderful praise session in the office this morning. Every once in a while during morning devotions I make people share at least one item that they want to praise God about. It can be quite an exercise, but it is a wonderful habit to get into. After all, our praises are like a sweet smelling sacrifice to God. And once you start finding things to praise God for, it just gets easier and easier.
One of the big items of praise for me was that this mornign we hired a secretary for the office. We've been looking for a month and my deadline was that I wanted to have someone working by January 14. As of the 9th we had a couple of options, but I hadn't been able to arrange any interviews with anyone or anything yet. So I figured we wouldn't be able to hire a secretary until the end of the month at least. But then on Wednesday (the 9th) one of my girls here talked to me about it again and she arranged for a girl to come in for an interview this morning. And we hired her. Partly because we don't have any other contenders at this moment and we are desperate, but also because she appears to be qualified. This is her first job, but she is 23 and she speaks both Russian and English, which is a HUGE boon. She also has basic computer knowledge which is important to us as well. Anyway, this is a huge praise. This position is temporary at the moment, urgent for the next six months and then we'll see after that. This will be a help to me eventually as I will be able to give her some of the errands and little things that I've been running around and doing.
I just am amazed at how God worked it all out. I had little hope of finding someone who had computer skills and English or Russian and this girl has all three. And He brought her in by the deadline that I had in place mentally. He is really just a miraculous God!
It was also encouraging to hear the other praises from the rest of the office. Some praised Him for their family, their wives or kids. Others for salvation of unbelievers and the ministry that we are starting up here in Ukraine. And on the list goes.
It was just a beautiful morning and such an encouragement to me personally and spiritually. It just lifted my eyes up to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment