Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hiatus

I love words. There are so many words in the English language that are not commonly used. Like "hiatus". It's a word we all know, but don't commonly use.
I think I need to quit reading old books.
Sorry about my rather extended leave. I'm sure some of you were ready to give up on me already, esp. since I haven't delivered the pictures that I promised so faithfully that I would. I guess I took my holidays seriously! However, you will be relieved to know that I am now back in the office and will therefore be updating more regularly.
My homegroup continued over the break and it seems that people are beginning to relax and feel a little bit more at home. They actually stayed till almost nine last night. That also means that I feel a little more free to share the gospel or just plant thoughts about God and Jesus for them to think about. Please pray for wisdom in that.
We had a beautiful time at my sister's. As ever it was too short, which is a good sign. It was a blast to spend a few extra days with the kids and just hang out with some of the adults too.
After returning here, we celebrated New Year's and then old Christmas, soon it will be old New Year's, but I'm thinking of taking my decorations down before then. :)
The one downer over the holidays is that my health is not doing well. This is par for the course in winter. I really don't think that my body was made for this world. It was made for some alternate universe where the weather doesn't get too hot or too cold or change too much. Unfortunately, that is not my idea of heaven, I love the seasons! Okay, back on point: I typically have more pain in winter in my legs specifically and in general it just wears me out. The good thing is that my airborne allergies are almost completely nixed at the present since all the molds are frozen and the ground is solid so not too dusty.
A dear friend asked recently if my allergies had been better when I lived in the States, but the answer is no. Just different. It doesn't matter where I live in the world my body doesn't like it! :) The primary difference here is that my work is very demanding and a huge responsibility.
Please pray for energy to be at work, I had to cut back my hours before Christmas already because of fatigue and now I am concerned that I will miss days or struggle to be at the office because of pain and the fatigue from that.
In general I don't find it hard to keep my spirits up, God is very good to me. Like David I am compelled to "tell of His good deeds in the assembly". But occasionally, when I take my eyes from Him and focus on the pain and illness and fatigue I get depressed too. Please pray that I will keep my focus where it needs to be and that God will continue to give me the grace to accomplish the work that I need to for Him. He has blessed me in enabling me to do so, so far!
I believe this New Year will be a blessed one!
PS. I love it when you post comments, so pleas do so. It is always encouraging.

1 comment:

  1. I was deciding whether to comment or not and after getting this far, found out, yes, I must comment!
    [now to see if you have some kind of email alert set to tell you that I commented, and if you can find it buried in past entries....]
    Enjoying catching up on the last, oh, couple years of your life.

    ReplyDelete