Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Small Group

Today is my small group Christmas Party. I'll try to post pics (if I remember to take them, but I do have my camera set out, so that is a start) tomorrow.
I would appreciate your prayers for my small group. In general it has been going well in that I usually have at least two believers and two or three unbelievers, sometimes I have double that amount of unbelievers. At the beginning it was a bit of a revolving door situation: new people would come once and not return. But the last couple of weeks we seem to have about three regulars. They are all girls which is great as far as I am concerned.
Please pray for the rest of the people who have tried the group and not returned. Some have had interest, but apparently it just hasn't worked out, and some are definitely not interested in the group. I would like to "forward" them to an English club that is also run by Christians, but is not quite as overt as a Bible Study.
Pray for Oxana, Masha and Lena (I think, she's only been coming for two weeks, she and Masha are interns at one of the hospitals here for a few months). Oxana is apparently against Christianity as she sees it as a foreign religion, although I am lost about that as Christianity has been here since the time of Christ and Ukraine officially became a Christian country in the 800's. Anyway, pray for me for wisdom and creativity and everything else that I need. I don't consider myself to be a very good small group leader, but I know that the Lord can use me anyway.
And praise that people are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment