Thursday, November 22, 2007

Office Adjustments

A week ago one of our staff here gave me her two weeks notice. It was a bit of a shock and I was relieved to find out that she was leaving because she is moving away. I am sad to lose her and naturally this leaves a gap in our office work. Just last month we reorganized everything so that the process would move more smoothly and everyone would have plenty of work.
I immediately began casting about in my mind for someone to take her place. Unfortunately no one in our office knows of Christians who have the necessary computer skills, so we will have to train someone new in. I know of people who are looking for jobs, but that does not mean they will fit here.
However, I do have an interview set up for today with a young man who has reasonable computer knowledge. It's a first for me, I've never interviewed anyone before, let alone to think of hiring new office staff while my parents are both in the States! So, I am finding it a little stressful and yet I am also at peace that it is in the Lord's hands. It would be a blessing if this young man worked out as he will then be able to train directly from the girl who is leaving. Also because it would mean that we have less gap in our work flow, even though he will need to train for a month, he will still be of some use during that time.
So that is a prayer request for today and for all of next week as I assume he will want to at least give it a try. One concern I do have with hiring new staff is that many people believe that if they are working for foreingers their pay will be high, however, we are a mission and while we pay a reasonable salary, it is not above the average. So I may have to dispel some expectations on that side.
A couple of other completely unrelated prayer requests, except that they affect me.
First my sister-in-law's father is in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs and leg, which is a serious condition. So please pray for him and Melissa (my sister-in-law) as she is in Ohio with my parents right now and thus very far away from her own. And for the rest of us as we try to be a support.
Second, well, this is very unpleasant, but I am concerned that I am being stalked by an acquaintance of mine. I have good reason for my suspicions, but nothing with which to prove them by yet. Hopefully, it will all go away and I will not need to have those kind of proofs. However...wisdom says that I must be prepared. Please pray that I will have wisdom and courage and that God will protect me. It is a very complex situation and I would really appreciate your prayers for me. Also that while keeping myself prepared it would not interfere with my daily life and my ability to rest.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment