Saturday, November 24, 2007

Blessings

Last night I went and visited a new friends at her apartment. She is also a missionary and although she works in a very different field than I do, we have a lot in common. It's been a blessing to get to spend a little time with her!
And on Thursday I went out for "Thanksgiving Dinner" with another friend, Laura, who is a missionary as well. We ended up having pizza and crepes filled with cheese for lunch, so it wasn't traditional, but it was great to get out and spend some time with her too.
It's been great to be able to spend little time with friends. In addition, while my interviewee never showed at the office, I am at peace with that and we are developing a good training plan in the mean time. I have also asked the whole office to look around them and see if there is anyone they know who is looking for a job. I am at peace that the Lord has it well in hand.
My small group is going well. I get new people every week so I am revamping it to suit those needs a little. But God has provided a great helper for that who is really excited about the opportunity to bring unbelieving friends to the group (besides the fact that she is also a great help during group).
Then a few smaller things. I was able to buy new winter boots for myself this week which is amazing. I have very hard to fit feet and previously have had a very difficult time trying to find shoes here. So I was quite excited to get a nice pair of boots that actually fit!
And Melissa wrote to say that her dad is doing a lot better so I am grateful for that too.
Praise the Lord for His "over and above" blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment