Thursday, November 29, 2007

Journeys

This week and really during the past month I have done a lot of journeying in the area of office management. We seem to be having a lot of ups and downs and sometimes it rather gets to me. I know that I've been rather stressed about different things and it came to me the other day that a lot of it is because I don't have anyone to discuss it with. So, I'm looking forward to mum returning. With the challenges that have been and are, it has really challenged me to search my heart as to whether or not I am doing this for the Lord or for myself and it has been interesting. I do feel that I am doing this for the Lord. I don't particularly enjoy conflict so it has been difficult at times to take a stand for what I believe is right and I have only been able to do it after much soul searching to make sure that I am not simply "wielding power". I've taken a lot of time to look at what is appropriate to ask of my staff as a Christian and as dealing with Christians.
It's been interesting to study the Bible in light of work relationships and expectations. I expect it will continue to be so over the next few months.
For this all I would also appreciate your prayers. Pray that I will be wise and just in the decisions that I make. It is difficult to realize that God is not a god of fairness, but rather of justness. It's easier to be fair. I've made changes that my staff here likes and of course some that they don't like. And I have received strong opposition for the latter. It's been difficult; I didn't expect all the changes to be embraced, on the other hand, I didn't expect them to be so violently opposed either. Pray for wisdom for me and for all the staff. And, well, and so many more things. It really is a heavy burden on my heart right now as I anticipate making more changes over the next month, some of which will be "good" and others "bad", but all of them necessary from what I can see (which you can read to mean that they are in line with my parents' desires in addition to the fact that I have done a lot of soul searching and discerning the difference between change for the sake of change and then of course research into what the Bible says about all these things). Anyway, I would be glad for your prayers for this and for me, that I would "not be anxious for anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present my request to God; so that the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard my heart and mind through Jesus Christ my Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment