Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Small Group

So, just a quick update. I had my English group tonight and I had so much fun! I make them work! I only had four people tonight, but that was just fine. I do better in small groups anyway. Two weren't Christian and two were from another church, but I don't really split hairs about that. They are encouraging some of their friends to come, so please pray that God will give them courage to invite people and that people will respond and come! I'm happy with my small group, but people need Jesus.
One of the Christian girls is proving to be quite helpful to me. I pretty much refuse to speak Russian during small group (since the lure is that it is English), but I have no problem with her translating and explaining things in Russian or Ukrainian as needed. It is actually quite a blessing because she is able to convey some of the spiritual thoughts that way that might not be understood if we only talked in English.

I had to laugh today as I was so tired when I got home I could hardly think and certainly not in any one language! I am picking up a lot of Ukrainian words, but having difficulty separating them from my Russian, but today whenever I opened my mouth I spoke a terrifying mix of English, Russian and Ukrainian! Hopefully my brain will defog over the next few days, so that I can communicate clearly in at least one language! lol

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember the days well... too well. Hang in there and get extra sleep until those languages sort back out!!!

    ReplyDelete