Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Up, Up and Away!!!

Well, mum and dad got off to Kyiv last night on the train. I've talked to them several times this morning already, just trying to cover a few last minute details about the office and those kind of things. So glad they have this day in Kyiv before flying off to the States! Makes it easier to wrap up these little loose ends.
It's a relief to get them off as there were lots of last minute projects in relation to this trip of theirs (they'll be in Ohio for a month, until the beginning of Dec.); now hopefully we can get back to "real" work. :) I'll miss them of course, but I have a feeling that the month will absolutely fly by, esp. as I am going to my sister's for a weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving (Nov. 10, go figure).
The weeks really do seem to just tumble by. I just realized last night that I only have four or five weekends left to do my Christmas shopping (because of being gone or other weekend events)! Panic.
Anyway, back to the original thought, now that my parents are gone for the month it means that I am in charge here at the office. Not that I won't be able to contact them, but all the daily decisions will rest with me. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. lol Seriously though, I would greatly appreciate your prayers for wisdom and understanding as I deal with different things and also as I plan out our work for the next few months.
In addition to dealing with the office work flow and answering people's questions (which can take many hours in a day), I also need to complete some of my own work. It's beginning to become urgent as within the next two weeks I have two different translators that I need to give my finished work to. Two different projects and I've been trying to work on them for a month with no luck. I suppose I will make it work out now, but I shudder to think of the other tasks that will have to be pushed to the back burner while I do that!
So pray that I'll be able to give priority to those things which need priority and keep the office as well as myself afloat for the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment