Monday, September 24, 2007

Conference Connections

It was lovely to be away for the weekend and get to hang out with some other people again. Other Christians I should say. I went to a multi-church conference, or as they would prefer me to say: a church conference made up of many different local fellowships. The teaching was on unity and how we are all one church and one body; not different churches.
I got called on it several times as I kept referring to "church" either as a building or using it in reference to local fellowships. It was kind of fun actually because it was a good reminder and really made the message sink in for me. So: Thanks guys!
I'm hoping to share about it later this week with our office, so you can pray for that. Division among believers here is just as big of an issue as it is in the States and many other countries. But really unity is what Christ wants for us. Not that we would all be identical, but that we would all be brothers and sisters.

It was also good just to go and meet some new people and reactivate old relationships. Hopefully friendships will come out of those. I don't have a lot of opportunity to develop friendships with people my ageish here because most of them are married with families and either don't have the time or the desire to reach to some foreigner. That and the fact that I am not just "some foreigner" here, my family has a name which brings with it certain expectations. Anyway, I was happy to go and just meet some new people again and plant the seeds of friendships that may later grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment