Saturday, July 28, 2007

More Quilting Pics


So this is one of my quilt squares for this retarded :) (since it is inanimate I can call it whatever names I so choose, so there :-P ) quilt that I am working on. I have to make approximately 36 of these, plus six half squares. I've actually already made the squares, but I still have to sew some of the colored pieces in and then sew the squares together etc. You can see a little more advanced version in this pic:

This is about half of the quilt right here:
As you can see, some of it is blocked by the couch, but you get the idea. Unfortunately, the part that is blocked by the couch is one of the red sections.
Other than the general difficulty in putting this quilt together and the patience required, my main problem with this quilt is that I find it too busy. From a distance (like in the picture) it looks okay, but in person it is a little overwhelming and I tend to see the individual colors more than the whole picture. I think my idea was good in choosing the charcoal rather than black or white for the background, but I should have kept the "stained glass" colors to a smaller range. Like blues and greens with the occasional yellow, or reds and yellows with the occasional white. As it is I have all six of those in there and it is just a little much. I think I actually have too many pieces right now so I am trying to focus on the blues and greens more than the reds, but I don't know how well it will really work.

No comments:

Post a Comment