Tuesday, June 19, 2007

God thoughts

You know, I was just reading a friend's blog and I was amazed at how much she talked about God. I thought about it for a while and I realized that I used to talk about God much more too. It's interesting that my mind immediately tries to defend me. You know,"you've been busy lately" or "your friends here don't talk about God as much as your friends in other places" and stuff like that. Which, granted, those are both true. However, I miss talking about God.
It makes me wonder if I am guilty of being "too busy for God" lately. I'm busy, busy, busy doing, doing, doing and ya, it is good stuff. It is even His work. And I do think about God and pray a lot. But it is always while I am running hither and thither.
It's a little ironic, because I have been packing devotional booklets and my journals and all those things for "when I get to Ukraine" but I haven't really been paying enough attention to the here and now. I do that a lot. It is always easier to live in the future for me than the present. But I don't want to miss the present.
So, here I am doing to God what I wouldn't do to an earthly friend: I'm "just accomplishing a few things" while we spend time together. How silly. This is God, how much more should I be setting aside time just for Him and me. Speaking of which, I am off to do that right now. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment