Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July!

Well, actually 2nd of July, but it was for the 4th!
We did the booth up a little for Independence Day. It was fun. :)

I do wish that American holidays lasted a little after the fact, but it was at least fun to get a little celebrating in beforehand. I made up flag cookies and some red, white and blue tarts (cream cheese filling, blueberries and raspberries) and then pretty much we just put things in 4th of July wrappers.

I have to say, it was fun to be in America for July 4th. I got to see two different firework displays and watch my nieces in a parade (Ziva looked a little tired by the time she got to the end, but Vienna was going strong!).

We're slowly making some other little improvements on the bakery. Hopefully soon we'll have aprons with the logo on. I'm also working on some more "summery" products (I'm thinking lemon bars? and more berry tarts) as in the hot weather people don't seem as inclined to go for the more decadent things.

I also got some ingredient bins and more shelving at home (I know, a real thriller, but for me it is--I don't deal well with untidyness).

Anya's also been helping me at home this week a little with some of the prep work which is a huge blessing. I've had a lot more pain recently so I am moving very slowly and having an extra pair of hands really makes a huge difference! It's taken a lot of the stress out of this week.

Next week will be extra busy as we were asked to do the Monday market (at the local hospital) as well. Monday is usually a big prep day for me, so we'll see how that all goes. :) It means we'll have markets Monday, Wednesday and Saturday next week. We'll appreciate your prayers for that as I am sure it will be a tiring week! (but exciting too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment