Friday, May 20, 2011

Market Days

Wow, I was just typing in the title for this blog and it immediately popped up with some of the other similar posts that I've done recently like: "To Market, To Market...", "Saturday Market" and "Marketing Mondays".
I have to say, "Marketing Mondays" have disappeared into the oblivion of preparation for the market days. We are now proudly selling at both the Saturday and the Wednesday markets here in Salem, OR (not to be confused with Salem, OH, or Salem, MA, or any of the other Salems in other states). And I'm kept pretty busy with all the prep work for it. Anya took some pictures this Wednesday, so hopefully I'll be able to grab those from her and post them soon.
This is actually the first week we will be at both markets. I was busy the last two Saturdays with family and church things, so (*sniff) missed those markets, but on the other hand, it was nice to have the chance to get a little acquainted with the Wednesday market without immediately having the pressure of doing both.
I definitely had an upsurge in energy this week, for which I am definitely grateful as it has helped me to pull through and get the things done that I needed to, as well as some of those tasks that have been hanging over my head for a while (there are still more of those, unfortunately!). I've also had a bit of a migraine for, well, going into my fourth day today. It seems to be mostly gone today, but at the same time, I can still feel it. Prayer would be appreciated.
Really, prayer would be appreciated for all of this endeavor. I'm really enjoying the baking work and the market days, even though they are completely busy and exhaustingly long (up at 3-4am and running till about 4pm at least, sometimes longer). I am continuously amazed that I have been able to do it so far. I'm a little cautious about being too optimistic. I know that coming into summer is my better time of year as far as energy goes, but I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched (that is the right way to say that isn't it? I have been having a lot of trouble with idioms lately). So definitely prayer for health. I do feel the toll it takes on my body to be so active all the time (and part of that toll is definitely that it is more difficult to eat properly when I am so wiped from doing all this other work, which makes my body unhappy). But I would also really just appreciate your prayers for wisdom in this. I just feel like God has His own plans for this all and His own ideas and I am just running to catch up. Things are going way better than I could possibly have expected, but I don't want to take that for granted. And I don't want to get so caught up in this that I can't hear Him if He tells me He wants me to do something else, or to go in this direction or that one. So, do please keep praying that I will be sensitive to Him and His Spirit's leading and that I will be obedient and honoring and glorifying to Him in all of this. I love baking, but whatever I do, I want to do it in a way that is honoring and glorifying to Him. I don't know how a bakery can be useful for the Kingdom of God, but God works in mysterious ways and I do believe this is the path He is leading me on, at least for now. So, forward! And to God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment